Tuesday 3 April 2012

A day at the races

Last Thursday was spent spending the day with Mel of Allure and Grace Styling at our hometown's big race day - the Weetwood Handicap. After receiving some shoe and clutch advice from M, we headed out.

Toowoomba race days leave a lot to be desired. Lots of young girls wearing skimpy dresses that barely cover their buttocks or are just plainly inappropriate or ugly. There were a few exceptions though. There were some gorgeous headpieces and wonderfully classy and well thought out ensembles.

M teamed a Portmans lace frock with girly accessories and an awesome floppy hat. Here is a quick preview of her outfit but I'm sure she'll do a post over at http://talesoflaceandfrills.blogspot.com




I chose to wear a George Ermis dress with a Morgan and Taylor wool/felt hat and some old, you guessed it, Diana Ferrari heels!


M and I with my bro ... he is on a weight loss mission and has lost over 10kg so far and is looking good!





This same hat was selling at David Jones for around $80 ... I picked it up from a local family department store for $45. The dress was 70% off and was reduced to around $60 and my clutch is from asos.

Man I love the races - it's such an awesome opportunity to rock a frock.

On another note, I really have no idea about makeup. I hardly ever wear eyeshadow because I have no idea. Here is my lame attempt at eyeshadow.



Till tomorrow, xxx

1 comment: